Online dating investigations have skyrocketed due to millions of Americans visiting online dating websites every day hoping to find a companion, love, comfort, or even a soulmate. What ordinary people don’t know is that criminals use these sites, too, looking to turn the lonely and vulnerable into fast money through a variety of scams. These criminals troll social media sites and chat rooms in search of romantic victims. The most common story there is: these criminals claim to be Americans traveling or working abroad. But in reality, they most likely live overseas.
Online dating investigations have revealed the most common targets are women over 40 who are divorced, widowed, or disabled, but every age group and demographic is at risk. The scam usually works by the victim being contacted online by someone who appears interested in them. They will begin a conversation that can last for weeks, even months. The victim may chat back and forth with this person, to form a connection. They may also be sent flowers or other gifts. But ultimately, it’s going to happen—your new-found “friend” is going to ask you for money.
Another common scam revealed by online dating investigations is when the con artist, after forming a relationship with their victim, requests money for what seems to be a valid reason, like a family member being ill or their cash card not working correctly. After the payment has been sent, they cut contact. Money laundering is also a standard scheme. This happens when a victim is asked to send money or stolen objects, like laptops, iPads, and even cellphones. These scammers will frequently ask their victims to forward packages, cash, and cash checks.
Lately, we have seen a rising scam involving these scam artists growing so close to their victims over time that intimate photos and conversations take place regularly. These scammers will then post this private information on the internet and will only remove it when they are paid a large amount of money. A catfish scam is when someone uses fake online profiles to appeal to their victims romantically. These scammers use fake names, patterns, and photos to lure in people for many reasons.
What is an online dating investigation?
An online dating investigation is when a private investigator reveals an online romantic partner’s true identity and motives. Miami Private Investigators will take actions like gathering in-depth information across various platforms and conducting comprehensive background checks. All data gathered by a private investigator Miami will be used to put the victim at ease, uncover criminal action, and try to prevent future fraudulent activities by turning evidence over to the police.
How to Avoid Online Dating Scams?
why hire us?
Our agency employs specialized units of military, law enforcement, and risk management veterans who are highly educated, trained, and experienced in private investigations. Our priority is to present our clients with the information they deserve & seek in an expedited fashion. We work alongside you to determine which of our services is most appropriate for your case & are equipped to offer various, unique & innovative solutions for our client’s most challenging circumstances.
what is the cost?
Private Investigation rates generally reflect the cost and time required to work an individual case. We have built a unique system that provides our clients with a predetermined price for the entire investigation. With neither surprise fees, retainers, fuel costs, or tolls; nor any hidden costs, we aim to provide a cost-effective solution to our client’s most demanding investigations. We do not use any form of “rounding up” in our rates for unanticipated expenses, as the price for an inquiry will be determined based on your specific needs, not a set agency price.
how does it work?
The initial step in scheduling an investigation would be either a phone call or an email conversation with one of our licensed private investigators & private detectives. We will ask you questions to determine what the best course of action is. From there, our team will custom build an investigative plan to your satisfaction and tailored to the specific requirements of your case. During the investigation, you may be updated on any changes. Upon completion of the investigation, clients receive a written, detailed report along with any photos or video documentation captured during the investigation.
private investigation services
- Missing Person Investigations
- Skip Trace & Locate Reports
- National Background Reports
- COVID-19 Scams
- Infidelity Investigations
- Child Custody Investigations
- International Investigations
- Online Dating Investigations
- Surveillance Investigations
- Bank & Asset Investigations
- Fraud Investigations
- Stalking Investigations
- Bug Sweep Investigations
- Pandemic Investigations
- Adoption Investigations
- Drone Surveillance
- Litigation Investigations
- Student Internship Programs
- Premarital Investigations
- Female Private Investigators
- High Profile Clientele Division
- Asset Recovery Investigations
- Malware Analysis Investigations
- Social Distancing Investigations
- Looting Investigations
- Loan Investigations
- Elder Abuse Investigations
- Cold Case Investigations
- Identity Theft Investigations
- Social Media Investigations
- Catfish Investigations
- Process Serving
- Corporate Investigations
- Sexual Harassment Investigations
- Anti-Piracy Investigations
- Anti-Counterfeit Investigations
- Intellectual Property Investigations
- Cyber Investigations
- Due Diligence Investigations
- Contact Tracing Investigations
- Cohabitation Investigations
- Aerial Surveillance
- Animal Cruelty Investigations
- Become a Private Investigator
- Personal Investigations
- Competitive Intelligence Investigations
- Nursing Home Investigations
- Insider Threat Investigations
- Computer Forensic Investigations
- Remote Employee Investigations
- Protest Investigations
- Housing Fraud Investigations
- Internet Dating Investigations
- Insurance Fraud Investigations
- Background Checks
- Workmans Comp Investigations
- Criminal Investigations
- Civil Investigations
- Human Trafficking Investigations
- Runaway Investigations
- Teenager Investigations
- Risk Management Investigations
- Cell Phone Investigations
- What is a Private Investigator
- When to Hire a Private Investigator
- Nanny Investigations
- Alimony Investigations
- Unmanned Surveillance Investigations
- Breach of Contract Investigations
- COVID Custody
- History of Private Investigation
- Most Notable P.I’s in History
- Cleaning Company Investigations
- Digital Forensic Investigations
- Cyber Crime Investigations
- Discrimination Investigations
- Wellness Check Investigations