The International Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition Inc., states that every year, trademark counterfeiting costs American businesses hundreds of billions of dollars. It is essential to recognize that almost all trademark counterfeiting schemes are also responsible for generating cash for the underworld or black market organizations that may have direct ties to crimes involving narcotics trafficking, money laundering, and even terrorism. For this reason, it is recommended that private investigators be hired to conduct all trademark counterfeit investigations to get in-depth brand protection & trademark usage information.
High end and well-known designer brands have long been subjected to fraudulent reproduction and counterfeiting. Anyone can purchase “knock-offs” of just about any product imaginable. This practice is not only criminal but costs the manufacturing industry billions of dollars worldwide. We understand that brand protection is a crucial part of your business, and if the brand is compromised through fraud, piracy, and brand counterfeiting, it can cause extensive damage to your brand and company. Nathans Investigations private investigators undertake many brand and counterfeit investigations & have a dedicated Anti-Counterfeiting division combating these crimes for companies worldwide.
What is a trademark?
A Trademark is a symbol, word, or words legally registered or established by use as representing a company or product. A trademark identifies the source or origin of products or services used in transactions. Through the use of words, brands, images, or devices, it distinguishes items from the products or services of others. To identify an infringement of a particular trademark, Nathans Investigations Private Investigators will execute a trademark counterfeit investigation to monitor and pinpoint exploitations. Nathans Investigations trademark division specializes in trademark counterfeit investigations & are presented with these inquiries daily. Hiring our Trademark & Anti-Counterfeit Private Investigators is the best solution for your company.
What can Trademark Counterfeit Investigations Include?
Investigations usually determine the complete life cycle of a particular trademark. Therefore, the investigation will be case-specific and, will more than likely include, but may not be limited to: Determining the identity of the person or business using the trademark or selling counterfeit merchandise. What types of products or services are being sold and where are they being sold. How are the products being sold? (Retail stores, wholesale or distributorships warehouses). What is the size and extent of the counterfeit operation?
Nathans Investigations private investigators are adept at posing as customers and undertaking ‘undercover purchases’ to identify and purchase counterfeit goods on sale. Our Private Investigators will document the visit evidentially, take photographs, exhibit and obtain the fake product for later scrutiny, and if possible prosecution in a court of law. Our private investigators have extensive experience regarding counterfeit items such as bootleg clothing, movies, records, beverages, and cigarettes.
During the first consultation, our private investigators will determine the investigative strategy for your specific investigation. Many strategies used to solve these investigations include, but are not limited to:
- Canvassing for counterfeit products and trademark infringement.
- Obtaining samples of products
- Verifying existing licensing agreements or ‘cease and desist’ letters or warnings
- Conducting undercover surveillance of a person or business entity
- Conducting detailed background checks on individuals and businesses
- Conducting searches of corporate filings, business directories, professional license databases
The United States is a first-use country. According to the International Trademark Association, this means that the first use of a trademark establishes the protection of the rights to the brand, even without registering it. Therefore, doing due diligence before utilizing a trademark by hiring a private investigator to conduct a detailed trademark counterfeit investigation, can be invaluable both in litigation and saving money when developing a product or service. Please contact Nathans Investigations Anti-Counterfeit Investigation Division with any questions or concerns regarding your investigation.
Call us today at (855) 828-8280 or Info@nathans-investigations.com for a FREE Consultation.
private investigation services
- Missing Person Investigations
- Skip Trace & Locate Reports
- National Background Reports
- COVID-19 Scams
- Infidelity Investigations
- Child Custody Investigations
- International Investigations
- Online Dating Investigations
- Surveillance Investigations
- Bank & Asset Investigations
- Fraud Investigations
- Stalking Investigations
- Bug Sweep Investigations
- Pandemic Investigations
- Adoption Investigations
- Drone Surveillance
- Litigation Investigations
- Student Internship Programs
- Premarital Investigations
- Female Private Investigators
- High Profile Clientele Division
- Asset Recovery Investigations
- Malware Analysis Investigations
- Social Distancing Investigations
- Looting Investigations
- Loan Investigations
- Elder Abuse Investigations
- Cold Case Investigations
- Identity Theft Investigations
- Social Media Investigations
- Catfish Investigations
- Process Serving
- Corporate Investigations
- Sexual Harassment Investigations
- Anti-Piracy Investigations
- Anti-Counterfeit Investigations
- Intellectual Property Investigations
- Cyber Investigations
- Due Diligence Investigations
- Contact Tracing Investigations
- Cohabitation Investigations
- Aerial Surveillance
- Animal Cruelty Investigations
- Become a Private Investigator
- Personal Investigations
- Competitive Intelligence Investigations
- Nursing Home Investigations
- Insider Threat Investigations
- Computer Forensic Investigations
- Remote Employee Investigations
- Protest Investigations
- Housing Fraud Investigations
- Internet Dating Investigations
- Insurance Fraud Investigations
- Background Checks
- Workmans Comp Investigations
- Criminal Investigations
- Civil Investigations
- Human Trafficking Investigations
- Runaway Investigations
- Teenager Investigations
- Risk Management Investigations
- Cell Phone Investigations
- What is a Private Investigator
- When to Hire a Private Investigator
- Nanny Investigations
- Alimony Investigations
- Unmanned Surveillance Investigations
- Breach of Contract Investigations
- COVID Custody
- History of Private Investigation
- Most Notable P.I’s in History
- Cleaning Company Investigations
- Digital Forensic Investigations
- Cyber Crime Investigations
- Discrimination Investigations
- Wellness Check Investigations
Why Hire us?
Our agency employs specialized units of military, law enforcement, and risk management veterans who are highly educated, trained, and experienced in private investigations. Our priority is to present our clients with the information they deserve & seek in an expedited fashion. We work alongside you to determine which of our services is most appropriate for your case & are equipped to offer various, unique & innovative solutions for our client’s most challenging circumstances.
What is the cost?
Private Investigation rates generally reflect the cost and time required to work an individual case. We have built a unique system that provides our clients with a predetermined price for the entire investigation. With neither surprise fees, retainers, fuel costs, or tolls; nor any hidden costs, we aim to provide a cost-effective solution to our client’s most demanding investigations. We do not use any form of “rounding up” in our rates for unanticipated expenses, as the price for an inquiry will be determined based on your specific needs, not a set agency price.
how does it work?
The initial step in scheduling an investigation would be either a phone call or an email conversation with one of our licensed private investigators & private detectives. We will ask you questions to determine what the best course of action is. From there, our team will custom build an investigative plan to your satisfaction and tailored to the specific requirements of your case. During the investigation, you may be updated on any changes. Upon completion of the investigation, clients receive a written, detailed report along with any photos or video documentation captured during the investigation.