Digital forensic investigations involve the recovery and investigation of material found on a digital device. This is usually a result of cybercrime and is a branch of forensic science. Originally it was used to recover data from computers, but as technology has grown, it now encompasses multiple devices like smartphones, tablets, computer notebooks, and more. While digital forensics has numerous applications in today’s digital world, it is often used to refute or support evidence or a hypothesis in a criminal or civil court procedure.
Why Should You Hire a Private Investigator for a Digital Forensic Investigation?
In a perfect world, every law enforcement agency would have access to a team of people and resources to recover or trace information on a computer or other related device. Unfortunately, this isn’t the case, and frequently, a private investigator is called in to do this work.
Nathans Investigations private investigators have the training and expertise, as well as the resources to aid law enforcement and other agencies in digital forensic work.
This is particularly useful in the following:
• Data recovery
• Mobile phone forensics
• Internet monitoring
• Penetration testing
• Leaks or fraud
• Financial tampering
• Computer crime
• Employee misconduct
This allows private investigators to help with theft, assault, and even murder when someone attempts to cover up their tracks in the digital landscape. It also helps in civil cases when dealing with protecting the property and rights of an individual and also disputes within commercial entities.
Data a Private Investigator can Help Recover.
Recovering you or your company’s information is essential. It is also helpful for law enforcement and other agencies in their pursuit of criminals and their activities. Some of the information that can be recovered includes:
• Deleted call history (both incoming, outgoing, and missed)
• Deleted emails (both incoming, outgoing, and drafts)
• SMS/WhatsApp/Skype/IM Chat/IRC/Webchat/Viber
• Deleted GPS locations (both waypoints and Geotagging of images)
• Deleted images (both sent and received)
• Social network logs/GEO login/activity time
• Deleted internet history (history, keywords, searches, deleted cookies
• SSID/WiFi data/MAC/IP
• Bluetooth (timestamped and paired devices
On computers, digital forensics deals with the evidence found on a computer and digitally stored media. A private investigator will use it to examine digital media to identify, recover, preserve, analyze, and present facts and opinions over digital information. A private investigator will investigate, analyze, and even recover data from a computer or other related device and external hard disk drives. Private investigators will ensure no digital evidence is overlooked and will assist law enforcement at any stage of an investigation.
Nathans Investigations Private investigators are an essential part of the digital forensics arena and are crucial in the investigative process. Their resources and skills have proven invaluable to law enforcement and even private individuals and corporations looking to protect their assets and property from cybercriminal or scammers seeking to claim what isn’t theirs.
PRIVATE INVESTIGATION SERVICES
- Missing Person Investigations
- Skip Trace & Locate Reports
- National Background Reports
- COVID-19 Scams
- Infidelity Investigations
- Child Custody Investigations
- International Investigations
- Online Dating Investigations
- Surveillance Investigations
- Bank & Asset Investigations
- Fraud Investigations
- Stalking Investigations
- Bug Sweep Investigations
- Pandemic Investigations
- Adoption Investigations
- Drone Surveillance
- Litigation Investigations
- Student Internship Programs
- Premarital Investigations
- Female Private Investigators
- High Profile Clientele Division
- Asset Recovery Investigations
- Elder Abuse Investigations
- Cold Case Investigations
- Identity Theft Investigations
- Social Media Investigations
- Catfish Investigations
- Process Serving
- Corporate Investigations
- Sexual Harassment Investigations
- Anti-Piracy Investigations
- Anti-Counterfeit Investigations
- Intellectual Property Investigations
- Cyber Investigations
- Due Diligence Investigations
- Contact Tracing Investigations
- Cohabitation Investigations
- Aerial Surveillance
- Animal Cruelty Investigations
- Become a Private Investigator
- Personal Investigations
- Competitive Intelligence Investigations
- Nursing Home Investigations
- Insider Threat Investigations
- Internet Dating Investigations
- Insurance Fraud Investigations
- Background Checks
- Workmans Comp Investigations
- Criminal Investigations
- Civil Investigations
- Human Trafficking Investigations
- Runaway Investigations
- Teenager Investigations
- Risk Management Investigations
- Cell Phone Investigations
- What is a Private Investigator
- When to Hire a Private Investigator
- Nanny Investigations
- Alimony Investigations
- Unmanned Surveillance Investigations
- Breach of Contract Investigations
- COVID Custody
- History of Private Investigation
- Most Notable P.I’s in History
- Cleaning Company Investigations
- Digital Forensic Investigations
WHY HIRE US?
Our agency employs specialized units of military, law enforcement, and risk management veterans who are highly educated, trained, and experienced in private investigations. Our priority is to present our clients with the information they deserve & seek in an expedited fashion. We work alongside you to determine which of our services is most appropriate for your case & are equipped to offer various, unique & innovative solutions for our client’s most challenging circumstances.
WHAT IS THE COST?
Private Investigation rates generally reflect the cost and time required to work an individual case. We have built a unique system that provides our clients with a predetermined price for the entire investigation. With neither surprise fees, retainers, fuel costs, or tolls; nor any hidden costs, we aim to provide a cost-effective solution to our client’s most demanding investigations. We do not use any form of “rounding up” in our rates for unanticipated expenses, as the price for an inquiry will be determined based on your specific needs, not a set agency price.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The initial step in scheduling an investigation would be either a phone call or an email conversation with one of our licensed private investigators & private detectives. We will ask you questions to determine what the best course of action is. From there, our team will custom build an investigative plan to your satisfaction and tailored to the specific requirements of your case. During the investigation, you may be updated on any changes. Upon completion of the investigation, clients receive a written, detailed report along with any photos or video documentation captured during the investigation.