Cybercrime is on the rise, and as technology advances, so do the criminals. But what is cybercrime? Cybercrime is committing an unlawful act using the internet. Criminals will use codes and hacks to break into personal computers, laptops, wireless devices, and even corporate servers. They will steal intellectual property from organizations to your personal information.
How Can a Private Investigator Help?
Nathans Investigations private investigators can assess your computer’s risk. They will help you develop a strong security policy, help train you on security measures, work to implement technology that will mitigate risk, and even reconfigure your infrastructure. If you believe your computer or network has been compromised, an investigator can check for vulnerabilities and use penetration testing to determine the problem. This will allow a private investigator to detect and fix any current weaknesses that are in your system. They can also provide countermeasures that will help you protect your system from future attacks.
Investigating a cybercrime isn’t an easy job. That is why private investigators have studied and trained on how to deal with these hard cases and how to get them resolved. They can also perform background checks to help them pinpoint who they are facing. Private investigators will also gather information to see what kind of attack it was. An investigator will also track and identify the authors of the attack.
What and Where Will a Cyber Criminal Attack?
Cybercriminals can make their crimes visible and, at times, more subtle. Here are some areas they will attack and why you need a trained private investigator to help.
• Your computer has unexpected software installs
• The mouse moves by itself and shows purpose
• Your task manager, registry editor, and antimalware software has been disabled
• Programs don’t work or won’t open or properly function
• Files have been deleted or moved
• Passwords have been changed without your knowledge
• Money is missing from your accounts, or you get a call or bill about a purchase you never made.
• Denial of service attacks
• Unauthorized hacking or access
• Phishing attacks
• Email fraud
• The battery is dying faster than average or no longer takes a charge
• Phone is continuously warm when not in use
• When you make a call, you hear strange noises or echoing
• Data usage skyrockets
Ways to Protect Yourself from Cyber Crime?
While these will help, a cybercriminal can still get in. These steps will help mitigate the necessary steps a criminal will use to get in.
• Don’t click on unfamiliar links
• Never download software that is unfamiliar
• Avoid giving out personal information unless the source can be trusted
• Have a firewall installed
• Make sure all your software is updated
• Change your passwords regularly and vary them
• Avoid public WiFi
• Keep personal information off the cloud
• Always backup your data
Cybercrime is more than a science. It is also an art form that takes knowledge along with different techniques, along with a certain finesse to conduct an investigation effectively. Analyzing the data and investigating the root cause will help you bring that person to justice, whether it is in civil or criminal court.
PRIVATE INVESTIGATION SERVICES
- Missing Person Investigations
- Skip Trace & Locate Reports
- National Background Reports
- COVID-19 Scams
- Infidelity Investigations
- Child Custody Investigations
- International Investigations
- Online Dating Investigations
- Surveillance Investigations
- Bank & Asset Investigations
- Fraud Investigations
- Stalking Investigations
- Bug Sweep Investigations
- Pandemic Investigations
- Adoption Investigations
- Drone Surveillance
- Litigation Investigations
- Student Internship Programs
- Premarital Investigations
- Female Private Investigators
- High Profile Clientele Division
- Asset Recovery Investigations
- Malware Analysis Investigations
- Elder Abuse Investigations
- Cold Case Investigations
- Identity Theft Investigations
- Social Media Investigations
- Catfish Investigations
- Process Serving
- Corporate Investigations
- Sexual Harassment Investigations
- Anti-Piracy Investigations
- Anti-Counterfeit Investigations
- Intellectual Property Investigations
- Cyber Investigations
- Due Diligence Investigations
- Contact Tracing Investigations
- Cohabitation Investigations
- Aerial Surveillance
- Animal Cruelty Investigations
- Become a Private Investigator
- Personal Investigations
- Competitive Intelligence Investigations
- Nursing Home Investigations
- Insider Threat Investigations
- Computer Forensic Investigations
- Internet Dating Investigations
- Insurance Fraud Investigations
- Background Checks
- Workmans Comp Investigations
- Criminal Investigations
- Civil Investigations
- Human Trafficking Investigations
- Runaway Investigations
- Teenager Investigations
- Risk Management Investigations
- Cell Phone Investigations
- What is a Private Investigator
- When to Hire a Private Investigator
- Nanny Investigations
- Alimony Investigations
- Unmanned Surveillance Investigations
- Breach of Contract Investigations
- COVID Custody
- History of Private Investigation
- Most Notable P.I’s in History
- Cleaning Company Investigations
- Digital Forensic Investigations
- Cyber Crime Investigations
WHY HIRE US?
Our agency employs specialized units of military, law enforcement, and risk management veterans who are highly educated, trained, and experienced in private investigations. Our priority is to present our clients with the information they deserve & seek in an expedited fashion. We work alongside you to determine which of our services is most appropriate for your case & are equipped to offer various, unique & innovative solutions for our client’s most challenging circumstances.
WHAT IS THE COST?
Private Investigation rates generally reflect the cost and time required to work an individual case. We have built a unique system that provides our clients with a predetermined price for the entire investigation. With neither surprise fees, retainers, fuel costs, or tolls; nor any hidden costs, we aim to provide a cost-effective solution to our client’s most demanding investigations. We do not use any form of “rounding up” in our rates for unanticipated expenses, as the price for an inquiry will be determined based on your specific needs, not a set agency price.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The initial step in scheduling an investigation would be either a phone call or an email conversation with one of our licensed private investigators & private detectives. We will ask you questions to determine what the best course of action is. From there, our team will custom build an investigative plan to your satisfaction and tailored to the specific requirements of your case. During the investigation, you may be updated on any changes. Upon completion of the investigation, clients receive a written, detailed report along with any photos or video documentation captured during the investigation.